Social Issues Topics: Choose the Best from the Provided List
Social issues essay is an independent educational and scientific research of a student, which is performed from the course of specialization in order to consolidate, deepen and generalize the knowledge gained by students during the studies.
Executing this type of work helps the student systematize the received theoretical knowledge on specialization, check up their quality, and master the basic skills of modern research in the future profession. Due to essay writing, it is possible to identify the student`s ability to:
- Independently comprehend the problem, creatively, critically explore it;
- Collect, analyze and systematize literary sources, use modern information tools and technologies;
- Apply the acquired knowledge in solving practical problems;
- Formulate conclusions, proposals, and recommendations on the subject of research;
- Control the ability of the executor to properly organize research work and formalize its results.
Specificity of Writing Basic Structural Parts of Social Issues Essay
The structure of the essay consists of the following parts:
- Title page (the first page of the work, the numbering of which is taken into account, but not affixed);
- The main part (text part of the work, which consists of two or three sections, each of which, in turn, can be divided into at least two subsections);
- Applications (if necessary).
The main structural components of an essay are the introduction, body, and conclusion. Below we will consider what should be presented in each of these parts.
The introduction reveals the essence and state of development of the scientific problem, its relevance and significance, the grounds and initial data for the study of the chosen topic, justification of the feasibility, and the need for more detailed consideration of the problem.
The main part of the work consists of two or three sections, which, in turn, are divided into subsections and paragraphs. The work’s essence, content, and results should be presented logically, consistently, and with arguments.
The sections of the main part of the work represent:
- A brief critical review of the literature on the topic of work and the choice of research direction;
- Information about the conducted theoretical and experimental researches;
- Analysis and generalization of research results.
The conclusions set out the main results of the work and highlight the most important scientific and practical results, including the formulation of the scientific problem solved by the author and its significance for science and practice. It is also mandatory to indicate whether the research objectives have been completed.
The most important requirement for conclusions is the maximum brevity of material presentation, which should not repeat the content of the introduction, the main part of the work, and the conclusions that were made to each section.
Interesting Social Issues Topics
If you’re looking for good social issues topics, check out the lists below. For ease of search, we divide topics into categories. Choose the one that interests you and create a unique paper!
Here is a list of fascinating social justice topics:
- The role of social justice in building a welfare state;
- Social justice in forced resettlement processes: assessment and priorities of achievement;
- Social justice and social equality as fundamental principles of the social partnership system;
- Evolution of views on the role of the state in ensuring social justice and welfare;
- Types of inequality in the system of social relations.
Consider social science topics for your essay:
- The place of sociology in the system of social sciences and humanities;
- Society as a social system;
- The essence of social interaction and regulation of social relations;
- Social interaction, relations, and control;
- Social roles are characteristic of the modern personality;
- The ratio of social status and role;
- Mechanisms, ways, stages, and means of socialization of the individual;
- The main scientific directions of economic sociology;
- Sociology of human relations and politics;
- The problem of youth education and training.
Migration and Immigration
Pay attention to the topics for essays on migration and immigration:
- Features of migration processes in modern economic conditions;
- Labor migration of citizens abroad: challenges and ways to respond;
- Coverage of international migration issues in the press;
- Labor immigration in the country;
- The problem of labor migration: positive and negative consequences for the economy;
- Modern immigration: social problems;
- The impact of immigration processes on the current economic situation;
- The social composition of immigrants;
- Immigration legislation of immigration countries.
Peace and War
The following topics about war and peace are also very important:
- Transformation of war and its social determinants in the era of globalization;
- Methodological problems of the sociology of war and peace;
- The problem of war and peace in modern conditions;
- Hybrid warfare as a kind of socio-political conflicts;
- Socio-political problems of understanding the essence of war in modern societies.
Discrimination and Prejudice
You can choose one of the following topics about discrimination and prejudice:
- Stereotypes and their role in human life and society;
- Gender stereotypes. The concept of ‘discrimination’. Xenophobia. Racism. Prejudice. Tolerance;
- Discrimination and its main forms;
- The gender-sensitive approach in modern society;
- Recognition of stereotypes and counteraction to discrimination;
- Prejudices and stereotypes as a prerequisite for the development of gender discrimination;
- The principle of non-discrimination;
- The psychological basis for combating discrimination;
- Means of counteracting various forms of discrimination as a psychological problem.
Below is a list of topics about the cultural property:
- The concept of sociology of culture as a branch of sociological knowledge;
- Formation of the sociology of values as a branch of knowledge about values;
- Cultural property of physical culture in the life of the modern generation;
- Value orientations of student youth;
- Cultural property and its place in intercultural communication;
- Value system as a basis for forming a culture of consumption;
- Motivational values and motivational culture as regulators of behavior in a globalized world;
- Advertising in the socio-cultural space: the value aspect.
If in your paper you want to reveal in detail the problem of illiteracy, pay attention to such topics:
- The problem of illiteracy in the modern world;
- Legal illiteracy of the population as a problem of a healthy nation;
- New literacy and new illiteracy of the twenty-first century;
- Illiteracy and its causes;
- Influence of information culture on the functional literacy of a social subject;
- Elimination of illiteracy in modern society.
Pay attention to the topics for the essay on the problem of violence in modern society:
- Sociology of violence;
- Violence and its impact on health;
- Gender and violence;
- Domestic violence: a sociological analysis;
- Domestic violence response systems: US experience;
- Discursive violence as an instrument of sociological legitimation of the ideological order of a divided society;
- Violence against women;
- Family violence and ways to overcome it in modern society.
Consumption and Development
There is also a list of topics on consumption and development here:
- Sociology of consumption as a scientific discipline. Formation and development of consumer sociology;
- Consumption as a marker of social inequality;
- Consumer and consumer behavior in sociology and marketing;
- Media consumption: audience research methodology;
- The problematic field of the sociology of consumption;
- Advertising innovations as a control element of the purchasing decision-making process;
- Application of gender patterns of consumption in the practice of promoting goods/services on the market;
- Impact on the consumer: incentives, information, advertising. Transformation of desires and needs;
- Forms and places of consumption in urban space;
- Life on credit. Rational and irrational consumer behavior;
- Lifestyle: consumption and social stratification;
- Gender aspects of consumption.
Religion and Science
If you are interested in religion and science, you can choose one of these topics:
- Religion and science and their relationship;
- Religion as a social phenomenon. Types of religions, their evolution;
- Features of sociological study of religion. The place of sociology in the system of sciences of religion;
- Religion as a social institution. Functions of the institute of religion;
- Religious policy.
Human and Civil Rights
Choose one of the following topics if you are interested in the issue of human and civil rights protection:
- The system of fundamental human and civil rights and freedoms;
- The main responsibilities of man and citizen;
- Civil (personal) human and civil rights;
- Political rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
- Social rights of man and citizen;
- Economic and cultural rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
- The rights of certain categories of citizens;
- The legal mechanism for the protection of human and civil rights and guarantees of its implementation;
- National means of protection of human and civil rights;
- International means of protection of human and civil rights and freedoms.
Addiction and Substance
The following topics about addiction and substance are also very significant:
- Evolution of sociological views on narcotics;
- The main directions and problems of counteracting drug addiction;
- Youth and drugs;
- Drugs, crime, and violence – their impact on society at the micro level;
- Application of innovative forms and methods of preventing the use of psychoactive substances in educational institutions;
- Prevention of drug addiction in the family;
- Drug addiction in the world: sociological aspect;
- Prevention of the use of narcotic and psychotropic substances in an educational organization;
- Child and adolescent addiction: how to tell your child about the dangers of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs.
Social issues topics are very important and require a binding decision. We hope that in this review, you have found the one that interests you the most. Start writing and surprise everyone with the completeness of the material presented. But remember that essay writing experts are always ready to help!