How to Write a 1000 Word Essay
Every student constantly gets a task to write an essay. First, it encourages the free expressing of thoughts. Secondly, it inspires to run individual researches. And last, it is one of the best methods to improve writing skills. A task to write an essay of 1000 words is not rare.
This figure can terrify. It seems so large, it is even consuming to depict how many pages is a 1000 word essay. But this is not so much. Besides, it is much easier to develop a theme properly in 1000 words, than in 500 words. Don’t accept the task as a burden – it is an interesting challenge. In our blog, we are going to share some useful tips which will help you to work more efficiently and do the task faster. So, stick around!
How does 1000 Word Essay Look Like?
1000 word essay is a no-brainer – it’s an essay that is supposed to consist of 1000 words. Though there is one aspect which you need to take into consideration when you write a 1000 word essay. You have to pay more attention to the visual layout of the text. It won’t do to make it a bulk of words impropriate for reading. It has to be visually neat, so, you will need a structure. Break the text into short meaningful parts dedicated to your thesis and arguments. Each one will match one paragraph.
As for the sentences in the text, you’ll need to balance shorter and longer phrases. Try to avoid too long sentences, they are very difficult for both reading and listening, there is a risk that the audience will lose focus. While choosing the words, give preference to the descriptive ones which can express the idea without adding words like “very”, “really” etc.
Proper Structure of 1000 Word Essay
The way your text looks is important, but for any essay, its contents are the core. Here we are going to deal with the structure of the text from the angle of its contents.
An essay has fewer restrictions than other genres have, still, there are some. Any essay should follow the general “template” of the narrative which consists of the following three parts:
- The Introduction.
- The Body.
- The Conclusion.
You can compose them in different styles and appeal to various expressive means, but all these parts should be present. Besides, there are arranging rules. They determine what you should include and how you will need to present the information when you perform a task to write a 1000 word essay.
The “Introduction” part of your essay is its most important part in terms of the impression which you will give to the audience. It is a text fragment of modest size, from 100 to 200 words. In this part you need to:
- Grab the readers’ or listeners’ attention;
- Present the goal of your essay;
- Give some background details to explain why you chose this subject;
- Briefly give your thesis statement.
It is vital to have a good introduction if you work on an essay written of 1000 words. The text is rather long, meaning that you will prove to your audience that they want to get the entire story.
The “Body” part is, in fact, the core of your essay. It takes the major part of your text – more than half in an essay of any size. If your essay has 1000 words, the Body part takes 600-800 words.
In the Body of an essay, you will have to present your statements and your opinion on the matter. And the main task is to prove your ideas.
It is very useful to make a plan for this part. Here you will need paragraphs, and each of them should be a meaningful and complete text fragment with its inner structure:
- Present the main idea of this fragment;
- Provide your arguments in its defense;
- Appeal to evidence – they can be statistics, citations, etc;
- Compose a mini-conclusion of the paragraph.
Many recommend using the so-called “free writing” for an essay, it means that you simply write or type everything you think of the subject. You can make that outline later, as it is a great helper for the structure and polishing of an essay.
The obligatory “Conclusion” part must summarize everything you’ve presented in your essay and once more accent your thoughts on the topic in 100-200 words.
- Refer to your initial thesis statement again, paraphrase them and stress that they are correct;
- Mention the crucial points of the main part like the most obvious evidence and your main arguments;
- Create a general conclusion for all your ideas.
How to Write a 1000 Word Essay: 10 Quick Tips
You can write an essay of 1000 words comfortably if you make use of the below tips:
1. Choose the subject which is interesting for you.
2. Research at least three reliable sources on the subject.
3. Refer to the “free writing” method and note everything you think of the theme. No plans needed.
4. Pick the best arguments and evidence.
5. Make a plan of the Body part of an essay.
6. Arrange paragraphs.
7. Write an introduction – you can write this part together with the conclusion and not impede yourself on start.
8. Read an essay aloud to note and correct awkward places.
9. Reread the full essay twice with intervals.
10. Get beta-riders and ask them to appraise your work.
Also, to understand the task better, it can be useful to define how long is a 1000 word essay. As you will most probably use the text editor on your PC or laptop, we can measure the length of this essay in the “Word” pages.
How many pages is a 1000 words Essay?
It depends on the formatting style of your choice, which font size and which spacing you prefer. The spacing can be single or double. The main fonts used in college works are “Times New Roman”, “Calibry” and “Arial”.
- 10 pt font and double spacing – an essay is about 2 pages long.
- 12 pt font and single spacing – an essay is similarly about 2 pages long.
- 12 pt font and double spacing – an essay becomes twice as long, about 4 pages long.
How many paragraphs is a 1000 word essay?
No more than 10 paragraphs, including the Introduction and the Conclusion parts. 8 is an optimal number.
Most of the shorter essays can be put easily into 5 paragraphs, but the essay with 1000 words requires more for better readability.
1000 Word Essay Examples
Every essay must be unique. However, there is no crime in getting inspiration from other works. Many students turn to other essays of similar lengths to watch the structure or get some hints. Here in the article we also offer some 1000 word essay examples – have a look at them.
You don’t need prominent writing skills to write a long essay of 1000 words. All you need is information, understanding and time. Another thing is if you are short of time. Then contact our writing service at 5homework.com – we guarantee you a perfect, interesting and unique 1000 words essay on any subject.