Writing An Outstanding Globalization Essay. Guide With Tips For Students
Globalization is a process that greatly affects all spheres of life in the modern world. Writing an essay on this topic is a common assignment for students of any educational level. However, discussing such a subject requires not only an in-depth understanding of a problem but also excellent writing skills. Most students simply describe the problem of globalization without diving into thorough scientific research. If you want to stand out and present a valuable paper, this article is for you. Keep on reading our guide that will help you come up with an A-grade globalization essay.
A Closer Look at Globalization
First of all, let’s look more closely at what globalization is and why it remains such a burning issue for many years. Globalization is a process of developing closer relations between different countries, communities, etc. It embraces numerous aspects such as politics, economy, trade, international corporations, environment, society, culture, etc. Globalization makes people and organizations become more closely connected. Technological advancements play a critical role in globalization, as they enable easy and fast interactions and sharing of information. Globalization has both positive and negative outcomes, and very often, students are asked to analyze them in a globalization essay.
What is a Globalization Essay?
An essay on globalization is a paper that discusses a certain aspect of this problem. This paper needs to be both informative and persuasive. The most important thing for authors is to present their own point of view and back it up with relevant evidence. This essay type requires a detailed investigation of academic sources and expressing the author’s own ideas. Working on a globalization paper is demanding, but if you follow our tips below, the process will be faster and more effective.
Writing a Globalization Essay Step by Step
Here is our guide on writing with the must-have steps and pieces of advice.
Step 1. The Right Topic Is the Key to Success
The very first thing to do is to decide on a topic for your piece. Globalization has many aspects, and it is quite easy to find something interesting and relevant to your discipline. The common mistake here is that students go too wide and simply can’t conduct thorough research on a broad topic. Let’s say you want to discuss the economic aspect of globalization. We recommend narrowing down your topic until it is something like “How do international corporations influence the US economy?” Try to be specific and avoid boring or too general subjects. Analyze the subject from different angles to be more objective and ensure there is enough evidence to back up your opinion.
8 best topic ideas
If you can’t come up with a great idea, you may find something worth your attention in our list below.
- Is Amazon a threat to small local businesses?
- The COVID-19 pandemic is a catalyst of the globalization process.
- Relations between International Technology and Globalization
- Political effects of globalization
- Globalization tendencies in international trade
- The importance of speaking many languages in a globalized world
- How did society change due to globalization?
- How does globalization influence climate changes?
Step 2. Create a Detailed Plan
After you decide on the topic, start reviewing the sources. It refers not only to academic ones but also to such media like newspapers, journals, and different websites. It will give you a more up-to-date view of the problem and interesting arguments to back up your viewpoint. However, always ensure the sources are credible, and information is relevant.
Once you have gathered all the facts, outline the structure of your future piece. The components are quite basic: opening, main part, and summarizing. Pay attention to the introductory part and a strong thesis statement. Remember that the title and thesis statement should be connected and captivating. Decide on what arguments are the strongest and place them first. We recommend starting with a highlight of a specific problem and not beginning with a general problem overview. After you defined what the final piece would look like, move on to writing.
Step 3. Write
The writing process of such a piece can be time-consuming, but a detailed plan will help you save both time and energy. While writing, try to look at the discussed issue from different points of view. Nobody is interested in one-sided and superficial paper. Don’t be afraid of controversies that emerge, as the topic itself is quite argumentative. Always backup your opinions with facts and evidence; it will make you look more professional. Globalization papers are quite long, so divide the ideas into paragraphs and discuss only one idea in a paragraph.
Make sure the ideas are connected logically, and the cause-effect relations are clear. Don’t forget about transition words and phrases while you move on to the next idea. Make a small conclusion at the end of each paragraph. You will be able to use them while writing the summarizing paragraph.
Pay attention to the introduction and conclusion. The opening part should be captivating and original. Everybody already knows the definition of globalization, so better place it in your main part. In the beginning, add an interesting fact, a quote, statistics, etc., to grab the readers’ attention and make them read the whole piece. A conclusion should restate not only the thesis statement but also highlight the results and importance of your scientific research. Don’t add any new ideas to this part and include only significant points.
Step 4. Edit and Proofread
After you finished writing, put your paper aside for a few days and then look it through with a fresh pair of eyes. Check it for all kinds of mistakes and typos. To be sure that you haven’t missed anything, you can use special automated grammar checking tools. If necessary, make changes, but don’t rewrite the whole essay into a completely different piece; just make some improvements.
3 Essential Tips to Write an Excellent Globalization Essay
- While deciding on the topic, create a clear picture of your target audience. Knowing their interests and preferences will help you create an awesome piece that will draw the attention of your readers.
- Write a thesis statement after completing the whole paper. You never know what the outcomes of your research will be. If you write the thesis statement after you have completed everything else, you will be more confident about the key results and main points of your study.
- Don’t be too personal. Adding a short story from your own experience to attract the reader is absolutely acceptable. However, avoid expressing ideas based only on your opinion. An opinionated, one-sided paper doesn’t look attractive at all.
Pros and Cons of Globalization
As a rule, most globalization essays investigate the positive and negative effects of this process. Globalization has numerous benefits and disadvantages. To be even more helpful, we prepared a list of them and divided it into different spheres for your convenience.
Advantages of Globalization
Here are the main globalization benefits in the sphere of:
- More goods and services are produced and available
- Free trade with other countries
- Infrastructure develops
- Increased industrialization and technical progress
- Competitions in different markets and spheres.
Sociology and culture
- The Internet opens communication opportunities
- IT speeds up social interactions
- Availability of educative information worldwide
- Creative and innovative solutions in the social and cultural sphere.
- Cooperation of different countries for the good of their citizens and solving problems
- Decreased possibility of armed conflicts and wars between countries
- Developing international policies, conventions, regulations, and laws
Disadvantages of Globalization
Among the cons of globalization, we can single out the most important ones in the following spheres:
- Exhaustive use of unrenewable natural sources for production
- Restricted labor movement
Sociology and culture
- Critical environmental problems such as deforestation, air, and soil pollution.
- Increased production destroys the O-Zone layer
- Materialist society
- Job insecurity and growing unemployment rate due to the immigration of employees from other countries.
- Species extinction due to destroying their natural habitats.
- Sovereign countries lose their independence as they form alliances
- Changing the governmental forms
To wrap it all up, writing a globalization essay is challenging. This process requires thorough analysis as it is the most impactful phenomenon in the modern world. It is a complex notion that embraces all spheres of life and connects all of them. While writing, the author has to focus on the perspective and analyze the subject from different points of view. We hope our guide on creating a globalization essay was helpful. If you need more assistance, we at 5homework are ready to help you.
Hire a Professional Essay Writer on 5homework
Get a well-structured, plagiarism-free paper from our experienced writers. We ensure timely delivery, reasonable prices, and 24/7 customer support. Don’t overload yourself with homework; place an order right now.