The Purpose of Obesity Essay
There is hardly a person who has never heard about such widespread problems as obesity. At present, it is easy to meet a person with extra weight. Look around – this is your classmate, neighbor, or co-worker. If you are lucky, and most people around you are slender, it doesn’t mean that the problem doesn’t exist. While fat people are known as cheerful individuals, the extra weight negatively influences their health. Adults, kids, adolescents, and the elderly, everybody may suffer from the obesity problem. That’s why writing an obesity essay is so significant. It will help you cover a common issue and encourage the target audience to study it dimplier.
How to Write an Obesity Essay?
Writing an obesity essay requires time, effort, and of course, skills. But it may be a real pleasure if you understand all the peculiarities and know all nuances. The format of the obesity essay doesn’t differ from any other essay. If you need some tips on crafting such paper, then here they are.
Your main aim at the very beginning is to create a catchy and interesting sentence. It will assist you in grabbing the attention of the target audience and encourage people to keep reading. A great hook is the best way to make the essay appealing to your teacher, as you probably do not want to lose his/her attention.
You are expected to place a hook sentence at the very beginning of your introduction. The obesity essay may be some statistic or interesting fact that will motivate the readers to go on. Once you are successful with hooking the readers, you need to present them with background information. It is important not to overdo with too much information. Otherwise, they will get bored and won’t feel like reading further. Here you need to provide as much information as your readers need for understanding the subject.
Next, you are to craft a strong thesis statement that clearly identifies the paper’s purpose. Make sure that a thesis statement is justified easily, as the entire paper will rotate around it.
The main body covers all details of your essay. It is highly recommended to add statistics, figures, and facts to make your thesis statement stronger. You should remember all associated causes of this illness and its impact on a person’s health if you are crafting a cause and effect obesity essay. The number of body paragraphs depends on the arguments that you are going to highlight. In other words, you can easily increase it, remembering the requirements of your instructor.
Despite the number, each paragraph should start with a topic sentence. It aims to grab the readers’ attention, so the topic sentence must be interesting and relevant. Make sure that you include smooth transactions between the paragraphs and cited the used sources properly to avoid any plagiarism issues.
As with any other essay, you should create a clear conclusion. For this, restart your thesis statement, and offer some solutions for controlling obesity. It is not a good idea to create a long conclusion, as it must just summarize the discussed information instead of providing a new one.
Obesity Essay: Example
You can consider the following example of an obesity essay to understand better the teacher’s expectations from your project:
“There have been a lot of discussions on whether the notion “obesity” should be used for labeling people with extra weight. Despite how different the opinions are; the one thing is clear. By getting older, the health quality is decreasing. In common sense, obesity may not be a very serious issue like flu, cancer, AIDs, but it increases the probability to have heart-related diseases, diabetes, depression, and a wide range of other problems. What is more, obesity diminishes the overall quality of life as the person with extra weight finds it difficult to stay active, enjoy simple activities, etc. Thus, while discussing the problem of obesity in countries like the USA, where the issue is very critical, it is necessary to pay attention to the main factors and causes of obesity for coming up with efficient health programs to cope with the problem…”
Top Obesity Essay Ideas
The topic that you choose for your obesity essay is decisive for the overall success of the paper. If you lack inspiration or are hesitating about what ideas to choose, then look at the collection of the best obesity essay ideas, and save your time.
Argumentative Obesity Essay Ideas
Obesity is a controversial issue. Both researchers and doctors are looking for its cause and doing their best to work out the disease methods. Moreover, there is no common understanding of whether obesity is a disease or not. These argumentative obesity essay ideas will let you create gripping content:
- The connection of obesity with an individual’s lifestyle and behavior.
- What are the causes of obesity in your college, school?
- Is using the surgery methods for fighting obesity a right choice?
- Can a vegetarian diet diminish the chances of suffering from obesity?
- The top efficient methods of preventing obesity.
- Who must take responsibility for controlling the obesity rates?
- Can obesity be recognized as a mental illness?
- Is obesity considered to be an international health issue?
- Are warning statements on the food effective?
- The impact of the economic situation and education level on the growing rate of obesity.
Obesity Essay Ideas for Research Paper
The reasons for obesity are endless. Still, you should be aware of them in order to work out an effective treatment and overcome the problem. It is evident that every case is unique. Hence the person should go through a personalized treatment program. You can focus your paper on the causes and consequences of obesity:
- Is it possible to predict obesity? Is it connected with genetics?
- How is stress associated with obesity?
- Do people suffer from obesity more often than men? Why?
- Why do you think the obesity rates keep increasing?
- Do fast-food restaurants invest in rising obesity rates?
- Why are American immigrants more prone to obesity?
- Are residents of cities more prone to obesity than the residents of small towns? Why?
- Determine particular food habits as a significant cause of obesity.
- US military personnel: main causes and consequences
- What are life expectancies for people who suffer from obesity?
Obesity Essay Ideas: Economics and Sociology
At present, an incredible increase in the number of individuals overcoming obesity becomes a serious problem for sustainable socio-economic growth at local and state levels. Look at a list of related ideas:
- Is there a connection between food price and food quality in terms of obesity?
- Do individuals with obesity deal with discrimination in the workplace?
- Must the government take an active part in obesity prevention?
- What is the situation with obesity in US Latino communities?
- India & China: main cultural differences in terms of obesity
- The impact of body image on increasing occurrence of obesity.
- Can a higher tax on sugary beverages lower the rates of obesity?
- Obesity epidemic: main issues and ethical principles.
- Discuss the current obesity situation in the USA, including data, frequent causes, etc.
- Discuss Zinczenko’s views on the fast-food industry, obesity, and healthy food.
Biology and Treatment of Obesity Ideas
With no particular answer about the leading biological causes of obesity, its impact on the body, you can look at the following issue from different angles:
- The role of sociological imagination for obesity.
- Does obesity impact the woman’s ability to bear a healthy baby?
- Discuss the relationship between obesity and endocrine-disrupting organotin.
- Do corn syrup and fructose impact having extra weight?
- Compare anorexia and obesity: what problems do they cause?
- Find out the interconnection between obesity and insulin resistance.
- Obesity and digestive illnesses that are associated with it
- The role of fat distribution and metabolic complications in individuals with obesity.
- Morbid obesity: meaning and conditions
- Linking between type 2 diabetes, obesity, and inflammation
Once you choose an interesting topic, you can start writing an obesity essay, following the mentioned above tips. Still, if you are struggling with arranging all your ideas properly, find a reliable writing service and order a ready obesity essay without going out at a reasonable price. Cooperation with skilled authors will lead you to overall success. Be attentive when setting the requirements and breathe with relief while the inspired writer works on unique content for you.